Investing in Japan
Feb. 22, 2011
Invest Japan Symposium to be Held in Thailand on March 21
JETRO will hold the Invest Japan Symposium on the theme of "Discover new opportunities in Japan—Gateway to the World" in Thailand (March 21st), aimed at presenting Japan's investment climate and available support measures for setting up business in the country.
Date and Time
Monday March 21st, 2011, 08:00-13:30 hrs
Dusit Thani Hotel, 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
JETRO, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan (METI), Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Industry, Board of Investment (BOI), Ministry of Finance, Office of Thailand Trade Representative of the Kingdom of Thailand (TTR)
Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) and Thai Chamber of Commerce (TCC)
Japanese-Thai (simultaneous translation)
|09:00-09:10||Welcome Speech by Mr. Yasuo Hayashi, Chairman and CEO, JETRO|
|09:10-09:40||Memorandum Signing Ceremonies for Developing Cooperative Relationships|
- H.E. Minister of Commerce (Mrs. Porntiva Nakasai)
- H.E. Minister of Industry (Mr. Chaiwut Bannawat)
- H.E. Deputy Minister of Finance (Mr. Pradit Phataraprasit)
|10:25-10:45||Keynote Lecture on "The New Growth Strategy --- New Measures for Promoting Investment to Japan" by representative of METI|
|10:45-11:30||Panel Discussion 1:
Objective: To share the viewpoints and reasons "why Japan as the investment destination"
Moderator: Mr. Tadayuki Nagashima, Director General of Investment Promotion Department, JETRO
- Mr. Pitaya Phanphensophon, CEO, COCA Holding International Co., Ltd.
- Mrs. Wasna R. Lathouras, President, Narai Intertrade Co., Ltd. (NaRaYa)
- Ms. Yumiko Kase, CEO, Asia Herb Association Bangkok, Ltd.
Panel Discussion 2:
|12:15-12:30||Closing Remark by Mr. Munenori Yamada, President, JETRO Bangkok|
||Networking Lunch with video presentation on "JETRO's Invest Japan Business Support Center (IBSC)"
by Mr. Tadayuki Nagashima, Director General, Investment Promotion Department, JETRO
- For more information and seat reservation, please contact
- Call Center
Tel. 02-685-1118, available daily from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm